Thursday, July 14, 2005

My Blog

After reading so many blogs of other people, I guess I should keep 'in trend' with society by keeping a blog too (although somewhat I am more like a laggard)!
What should I write? Well, I don't write out-of-spite. More, I will try to make my blog tranverse in the direction of a commentry of topic such as politics, society, world, etc.
I hope for some good feedback as well. Reading from forums in youngpap, sgforums, hardwarezone, etc do give me insights and open up my viewpoint to a much broader view. Information is never useless. It is the person who has this information who decide whether it is useful <- perception, expectation and judgement.
"Perception", "Expectation" and "Judgement" are 3 powerful words to use. I shall slowly explain them what you can expect from these terms. Just like the finance people who like to talk about "transparency"! Is Singapore charities transparent enough anyway? Nonetheless, I will be withdrawing my donation to a certain infamous organization, which I called a "commerical entity" and which they declare it is a "charitable organization", soon. Damn! How I wish they will just allow me to withdraw by phone <- lack of convenient!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am working in the Medical/Healthcare Division. In my personal opinion, Singapore Cancer Society is a very good chariable organisation, who really contribute and help the needy ppl..(^_^)..

K.S. said...

I have just donated another $10 to the Singapore Children Society!

Anonymous said...

Oh i see.. I prefer Singapore Cancer Society. This is because SCS is one of our customers, and their PIC has really helped me alot.. really appreciate that very much. (^_^)

K.S. said...

Last time when I was in Orchards Road, along the tunnel from Tangs to the MRT, there are volunteers looking for people to donate to SCS. However they couldn't produce any police licenses when I requested for 1. They claimed that, since they are not collecting money, they don't need a police permit to collect credit card information for monthly donation/deduction. I did not dare to take the risk! I did that when NFK visited my company. But for SCS? They are using agents (or volunteers?). Am not a risk-taker.